Age spots typically develop as a result of prolonged exposure to ultraviolet light. They are usually the product of sun exposure, but tanning beds and other tanning equipment may also contribute to their development. By definition, age spots are not cancerous and present no physical health problems, but they can be a cosmetic concern.
However, for cosmetic purposes, the practitioners at Youthful Solutions Aesthetics MedSpa are experts in treating age spots. By offering a full array of cutting-edge treatment, we can help you to reduce or eliminate unwanted age spots.
If you have age spots and are looking for cosmetic relief, we’ve got you covered.
How do I know if I have age spots?
In order to help you determine if you have age spots, please look through the following qualities:
- Age spots primarily appear in areas that are most exposed to the sun, such as the arms, hands, shoulders and face.
- They are usually seen in people with fair skin, although they can occur in patients with any color of skin.
- They are seen as small ovals or circles of increased pigmentation, which simply means they are darker than the rest of the skin.
- They are usually tan, brown or black and can be flat or raised.
- Age spots can be as small as freckles, but they may grow to be as large as half an inch wide.
- Further, they have a tendency to bunch together, increasing their visibility.
When it comes to age spots, there are numerous treatment options. We prefer to take a refined, knowledgeable approach to age spots, and we will not simply use every treatment method available.
Instead, we will customize your treatment plan and deliver it precisely. In this way, you can be sure your treatment is unique to your own situation
Age spot treatment options include:
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is a noninvasive, no-downtime photofacial (light-based) procedure that targets sun damage, freckles, and age spots.
Prescription skin care
Our practitioners have extensive knowledge in medical and aesthetic skincare and strive to not only address your concerns but transform your skin!
One of the most popular and effective cosmetic procedures is the chemical peel, giving your skin the opportunity for a fresh start and a new outlook.
At the Youthful Solutions Aesthetics MedSpa, we believe that each patient is unique, requiring his or her own treatment that is different from anyone else’s. That is why patients will fly from other areas to our Cedar Park MedSpa for this personal experience.
If you are uncertain that your condition is age spots, our providers can rapidly determine your exact condition. Once this is done, we can prescribe a precise, individual treatment program to reduce their appearance with effective age spot removal.
If you feel you may have age spots and would like to learn more about treatment options, please call or text our office or fill MedSpa form below and set an appointment today.