What is Laser Hair Reduction?
Laser hair removal is an excellent choice for those tired of shaving or for those who experience problems related to unwanted hair growth including ingrown hairs. Our light and laser treatments are the world’s most advanced for effective reduction of unwanted, dark-pigmented hair in men and women of most skin types. Hair removal can be performed on most areas of the body resulting in softer, smoother skin.
Once a series of treatments are performed, an 85% – 95% clearance of the hair can be achieved. The average amount of treatments needed is 6, but that can range to 8 depending on the texture and color of the hair. Laser hair removal works best on darker, courser hair and will not be effective on white, blonde, gray or red hairs due to their lack of pigment. Laser hair removal is a quick and easy treatment that has no down time associated with it.
What can I expect after a Laser Hair Reduction treatment?
With each treatment, you will see a 15% -20% reduction of the hair. After the first treatment, some patients may experience a “honeymoon phase” where it seems like a significant amount of the hair does not grow back. Other patients may also experience some redness in the treated area or have a histamine response. The redness generally subsides with in a 24 hour period and an anti-histamine medication such as Benadryl can be taken if desired by the patient. Sun avoidance and the use of a broad spectrum physical block with a minimum SPF 30 is recommended throughout the series.
How Many Laser Treatments will I Need?
- Most patients need at least 6 – 8 effective treatments spaced 4 -8 weeks apart.
- Because hair grows in cycles, several sessions are necessary in order to affect all hair on any given area.
- Shedding of all treated hair should be expected within 3 weeks of each treatment.
- Once the hair sheds, patients should experience a hair-free period for several weeks. Once new hair comes in again, patients should come in for their next session.
Photorejuvenation – also known as intense pulsed light (IPL) treatment – is a popular procedure prized for all of the following benefits:
- Lighten and remove skin blemishes, including sun spots, age spots, and brown blotches all across the body
- Control and reduce flushing
- Improve skin texture through collagen stimulation, forcing the skin to produce more elastin and collagen that smoothes out wrinkles and improves skin smoothness
- Reduce redness on the face, neck, and chest, including rosacea, dilated blood vessels, and broken blood vessel problems
Some people have lived with a certain unwanted skin blemish their entire lives. Others have noticed more and more sun damage (pigmented lesions) appear on their skin as they mature. Regardless, the aesthetic providers of Youthful Soluyions MediSpa can help.
Photorejuvenation with Intense Pulsed Light
The technology utilizes specific wavelength ranges to target various chromophores in the skin. This enables effective treatment of a broad spectrum of conditions, including vascular and pigmented lesions and skin photoaging treatments. intense light is applied in a series of pulses over the treatment area. The light energy safely targets the pigmented lesions such as freckles, sun spots and age spots. Vascular lesions are also targeted and gradually lightened over a series of treatments. The brown spots will darken and come to the surface before sloughing off over the next one to two weeks.
Benefits are typically noticed immediately and will continue to occur gradually in the weeks following treatment.
They include dramatic results in removing:
- Age Spots
- Sun Damage
- Rosacea (enlarged facial blood vessels)
- Large Pores
- Pigment Imperfections
How many treatments will I need?
For optimal results, a series of 3-5 treatments are recommended with 3-4 weeks in between each treatment. After a series is completed, a maintenance treatment is recommended 1-2 times per year or as directed by our office.
Complimentary consultations are offered at Youthful Solutions MedSpa.